Sunday, January 16, 2011

Brian had to work at Camp Williams Friday morning, so we slept over at Gramma's house Thursday night. While we were there, I finally remembered to empty out David's Winnie the Pooh bank so we can deposit the money into his savings account. We filled a gallon-sized Ziploc freezer bag with pennies (and a few quarters, dimes, and nickels...), and the end result was quite heavy! The next morning, we woke up to a strange sound. Shortly after it started, our bedroom door opened, and there was David, dragging the bag I had placed on the kitchen table (where I normally put the 5 pennies we use as incentive for him to stay in bed each night) into our room:

David: "Mom, I'm angry at you."
Me: "Why?"
David: "Because you gave me too many pennies."
Me: "Well, I can put them into my bank account if you don't want them."
David (in the same exhasperated, self-sacrificing tone he uses when I ask him to scoop Jaxon's poop): "Oh, al-RIIIGHT! I'll keep them!"

Such a selfless kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment